Jeff & Rob

The floods last week showed the steam emerging from below some boulders below a natural crossrift, so we decided this week to have a poke at the back to see if we could open a route into the upstream continuation. After a quick look about we each picked a side and started digging down. After a hour both of our routes looked pretty rubbish with lots of sediment between the boulders and no sign of anything opening up.

Disheartened and bored I convinced myself that this was a bad site anyway because any upstream continuation would likely still have to navigate through the large boulder choke to the west, so we might as well just keep attacking that where it draughts and is easyish.

I had a quick look at our dig and nothing had collapsed since last week, which is good. Next trip; more scaf and some bang...

Joomla templates by a4joomla