If you leave any lead unturned, expect the Eldon to turn it for you....
On 10th July 2014 two Eldon members passed a tight squeeze at the end of the Main Stream inlet Series of New Oxlow to gain ~100m of new passage heading downstream towards Peak.
Exploration continued in style over the following few months, with the discovery of the large Nights Templar plus a "Crabwalk-esq" passage named Poisoned Chalice. With a project total of over 320m the new finds are now further east than Giants, heading straight into blank space!
Full details, including the constantly incomplete survey, were released at Hidden Earth 2014 at the Peak District Roundup, and a report was published in Descent, issue 240. The most recent survey can be downloaded HERE.
As part of the Crusader discoveries, significant errors were highlighted in the survex data for the Giants-Oxlow-Maskhill system. The only way to identify the location of the errors was a complete resurvey of the whole system, at least the main line, a task that started in 2014 and is now nearly complete (May 2016). Some of those trips have also been documented below, including the subsequent finds from pushing hard in far away places...
- Jubilee Passage - 02/02/2017
- Bad Light Passage re-survey
- Tube opposite Pilgrim's Way
- Eyrie Fairy, Oxlow
- More Giants surveying 27/04/2016
- Icarus' Crawl, New Oxlow
- Black's Folly, New Oxlow
- Crusader - Survey Published
- Crusader - Survey Complete
- The Chamber of Horrors
- More Resurvey Pleasantness
- Crusader - Poisoned Chalice
- Resurvey Pleasantness
- Crusader - The Bolt Climbing Badger
- Crusader - Yet more passage...
- Crusader - Nights Templar
- Crusader - The Big Rift
- Crusader - Taking in the view
- Crusader - It's about to get much harder!
- Crusader - The dig begins